Translate

Jan 23, 2013

King Tut in Seattle




Last minute King Tut Exhibit with mom. I don't know why I waited so long to go watch this but I finally made it to the show and it was amazing! I had to memorize treasures' characteristics, purpose, materials, blah blah blah from the architecture class I took in Korea last summer and in my art history classes, so it really did mean a lot to see the treasures from King Tut's tomb in person. The artifacts are now in the process of going back to their permanent home, Cairo Museum, Egypt. King Tutankhamen was not one of the major figures in Egyptian history, ruling for a short period of time before his death at the age of 19. However, his tomb was probably one of the most astonishing tomb to be found which contained rich culture of royal burial. I was surprised at how well the masks and jewelry were preserved until this time..almost scares me how intense they were with their rituals. I must say my favorite part of the show was Pharaoh Akhenaten's part because his rulings were so comparative to other pharaohs with strict monotheistic religion enforcement and unique style of art. Overall, it was a well worth dealing with traffic and waiting. So glad they extended their hours for the last few days of the exhibition, otherwise we would've missed it :3


Some displays of King Tut Seattle (click)










2 comments:

  1. Aw, Joomi!
    I love your blogs.
    Your so sensational just like me. LOL

    From Haera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Haera! Come visit often. I'm posting at least twice a week :)

      Delete